Chat Line Guidelines
Welcome to HOPE Works Chat Line—a free and confidential service that provides live help over our website. The Chat Line is available Monday through Friday from 9:00am-12:00pm and from 3:00-9:00pm.
What services does the HOPE Works Chat Line provide?
- Support and information for survivors of sexual violence as well as their partners friends of family
- Answers to your questions about sexual violence and consent
- Options counseling (what can I do after a sexual assault?)
- Referrals to resources in your area
- If an advocate is unavailable, feel free to send an email and we will get back to you as soon as we can
The HOPE Works Chat Line has been designed with your privacy and safety as the top priority.
- Once a Chat Line conversation is finished, it is permanently deleted. Conversations will never be saved or reproduced.
- While we have done everything possible to ensure your anonymity on our end, we cannot guarantee your computer does not have spyware or other internet history tracking tools.
- HOPE Works Chat Line cannot entirely eliminate risk. If for any reason you feel uncomfortable or unsafe using the Chat Line, you may contact us by phone on our 24 hour free and confidential hotline at (802) 863.1236